Thursday, August 19, 2004

I'm a bit surprised by the furor over the bikini-clad dancers featured at the beach volleyball tournament in Athens. Some female volleyball players are offended. I've watched bits of beach volleyball and I have to admit that it's hard to distinguish between the athletes and the dancers, because they are dressed almost identically. Let's compare: dancers; players. In fact, I think if a survey was conducted, you will find that many men really like female beach volleyball. The bikini dancers are just icing. Sorry, but that's just the way it is (I think). Oh, I was not referring to me when I said men.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And if you'll notice, the men wear shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Oh, no, beach volley isn't sexist At All.

I've watched the fencing and the equestrian events on RFO, mostly because of the commentators, and not because of the sport.

And is anyone else tired of all the Canadian whinging?
katherine | 08.19.04 - 10:00 am

zydeco fish said...

you mean like that swimmer who freaked when the relay team didn't win a medal?
zf | 08.20.04 - 9:41 am