Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Two things:

1) Gizoogle


Have you seen Gizoogle? It translates web pages into Snoopisms (you know, Snoop Dogg). Here's the Gizoogled US Declaration of Independence.

2) Blogs as Advertisements, or, Marketing Rot

If you have ever followed the link to "NEXT BLOG" on Blogger (top right of this screen), you will have undoubtedly stumbled upon blogs that are ads. Many simply repeat the same thing over and over, post after post. This irritates me for two reasons.

i) Is it necessary to defile everything with ads? Can't they leave blogs alone? I suppose this is marginally better than comment spam.

ii) Do they really think that we are all idiots? Maybe I am in the minority, but I wouldn't patronize any business that creates a blog as an advertisement, especially if it doesn't even have enough energy to make it interesting. I'm not about to take out a mortgage from some due who solicits for customers in online communities.

I'd give you an example, or two, but I really don't want to give these yahoos any more exposure.

Technorati tags: , ,

No comments: