Wednesday, August 17, 2005

100 Words About My Mother (inspired by MissMeliss, on her birthday).

On certain evenings, while my father snored on the couch, ignoring the raging TV, my mother unwrapped her razor blades and placed a tissue on the floor in front of her chair. A cigarette smoldered between her pursed lips and she slowly became shrouded in a smoky blue halo. She lifted her feet, one at a time, onto her knees where she sliced the calluses from her soles, building a pile of hard flesh on the tissue. Then, my mother smoothed the skin with a metal file, and I retreated to my room to avoid inhaling her dusty foot particles.

Technorati Tags:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I get to play muse as well as fairy, I'm honored indeed.

My fairy wish for you is a bit selfish. I wish for you to find the inpsiration to continue such experiments with tone, style, and theme, as you have all along.

Maven said...

I gagged a little at the thought of inhaling her foot dust:)

I might be inspired to start an entry but choosing a different number of words. Good post! I shuddered initially at the unwrapping of the razorblades... at that point, the story could have gone anywhere:)

Anonymous said...

that's hardcore...i would never trust myself with razor blades...she must have had very lovely feet after all that attention...

Anonymous said...

You have a knack for writing the most oddly ICKY posts! :)

Anonymous said...

*reminds self not to pick at hard skin on feet during forthcoming visit*

your-wife's-cousin

Anonymous said...

ok..I have to agree with that last person who posted about your oddly
icky post...but what was that about your mother!!! Really...the
image...even though I don't know what your mother looks like..but why would
you tell people that!!!

zydeco fish said...

Why not?

Anonymous said...

Hey I really like your blog. Ive only just got into this blog world. And generally when I hit "next blog" I dont get too enthusiastic about what I read. But I like the way you write, makes me want to keep on reading. ill definitely visit your blog again.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most honest recollections I've seen on a blog. (Ugh, though...)