Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Meetings, Bloody Meetings

Somehow, by some odd turn of events, I have to endure hours of meetings today. Weeks go by with few such events, aside from the weekly - and partially dysfunctional - Council meeting, and then I get stuck with a day just chalk full of group dynamics and opportunities to learn and share with colleagues. I should be grateful, but I know that I will end up with a sore ass. I have thought of taking along my office chair, but that seems like too much work.

Besides, the longer I am away, the less time I have to read email, and I learn so much from email. For example, today I have already learned a great deal about Filipina women:
Sexy Filipina Girls
Why choose a Filipina? Women from the Philippines are noted for their beauty, grace, charm and loyalty. With their sweet nature and shy smiles, Filipina's posses an inner beauty that most men find irresistible. Filipinas are by their nature family-orientated, resourceful and devoted. What's more, English is one of the official languages of the Philippines, so communication is straight forward, and as the majority of Filipinas are Christian, cultural compatibility is easier than some other Asian countries. With the help of our website you can find a filipina in your area
Now you know too.

I have been a bad Blogger, and have failed to visit many of my fav blogs recently. I apologize for that.

Technorati Tags: , ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of a couple I knew years ago. The man was caucasian, and the gal was from the Phillipines. I remember her commenting that her husband was "into" Filipino women, not simply talking about herself, but an entire race of women. I remember finding that comment very bizarre. I guess no more bizarre than saying someone is "into" blondes or redheads...Maybe it was the fact that she was saying it about her husband, and her entire race.

Anonymous said...

TheGirl and I have a longtime lady friend from the Phillipines and those qualities in that article in your blog fit her to a tee.

Anonymous said...

Of course, I'm here looking for the post that Running42K didn't like. What the hell I'm doing reading blogs on March 21st when I work in an accounting firm is beyond my comprehension.

Interesting articles.

I actually like meetings. Most of the meetings I go to, I run, so that might have something to do with it. In addition, for me, the fringe benefit of meetings is that means I don't have to do accounting work for a bit. (g)

Don't tell my boss....

Anonymous said...

Well I'm sold!

Anonymous said...

Meetings are Toxic.

That's a sample chapter that's available in 37Signals Getting Real book that's available.

Re: filipino women... let's not bring up those websites I helped build a while back, ok?

Anonymous said...

I think my uncle got that email... then he got himself a Filipina wife.
They are both weird as hell.

Anonymous said...

One of my best friends' Dad is from the Phillipines. She's pretty. The inner beauty makes it sound like their all cows. (maybe it's her Irish side).

BTW: if you don't visit my blog soon you'll miss the fantabulous picture of my new toilet.

Anonymous said...

Asian women are beautiful no doubt. But I would consider Russian chicks first.

Das Vidanya!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad Z, I can NEVER make it through all my blogs on my blogroll. I feel guilty too, but I still try to make it to my absolute faves if I can't make it through the whole roll!

You wouldn't be searchin' for a filipiha would ya???

Anonymous said...

Fish - well that must have brightened up a bad day no end, and what a pleasant surprise it would have been; not every day you get singled out for these sort of offers.

So, how many did you order? Or did you go for the sample pack, before making a decision about whether to get a grown up version?