Friday, April 15, 2016

Genesis: Invisible Touch (1986)

Untitled
It's easy to see why some people feel that this record is really a Phil Collins solo record masquerading as a Genesis record. I have to say that this is the weakest of the Genesis records, though I have never heard We Can't Dance or ...Calling All Stations. On the other other hand, there are still some interesting Genesis moments, like part 2 of Domino. I'll also admit to liking Land of Confusion, which is a political song. That might have been a first for the band. I don't hate Tonight, Tonight, Tonight or The Brazilian, which is something.

However, the title track, Invisible Touch, is really insipid as is In Too Deep and Throwing it All Away. For me, this was the end of the line for Genesis.

This record was 6x platinum in the US. How can that be? Well, my sister's ex-boyfriend bought a copy at full price. I paid $1 for my copy.

No comments: