Tuesday, April 10, 2018

M1ke + The Mechan1c5 [Mike + the Mechanics]: M1ke + The Mechan1c5 [Mike + the Mechanics] (1985)

Untitled
There was a time when I was a big fan of Genesis, and so that led to me acquiring some Phil Collins records (some of which were way better than others) and this record, by M1ke + the Mechan1c5 (or Mike + the Mechanics or Mike and the Mechanics). The band features Mike Rutherford, of Genesis, along with other famous and semi-famous peeps, meaning that this is sort of a supergroup.

But, I have to say that I only got this record after a woman who lived in residence with me told me how much she liked Silent Running. That's not a bad track at all. I had no idea that they recorded nine more records! The other notable track from this LP is All I Need is a Miracle, sung by Paul Young (but not that Paul Young), but it's just not as good as the lead-off track, sung by Paul Carrack.

The only other song I know after this record is The Living Years from the album of almost the same name.

By the way -- since we are in the M section -- I used to own some Pat Metheny records, but I got rid of them.


No comments: