Wednesday, July 04, 2018

Van Morrison: This is Where I Came in (1977)

This is yet another Van Morrison compilation. It was first released in the UK on vinyl, and then subsequently on CD in a number of markets but with the title Brown Eyed Girl. This was another effort by Bang records to further exploit the early work of Van Morrison.

According to Discogs, the only other vinyl pressing was a 2xLP release from 2012 in Europe. That release, however, was also entitled Brown Eyed Girl and it also had more tracks. It seems to me that all of the other releases should be aggregated under the title Brown Eyed Girl and this release -- This is Where I Came in -- should be left on its own, because it is quite different in title and tracks. But, that's just me talking.

This is Where I Came In contains previously-released tracks. It's cool to have, but possibly unnecessary, if you have the other LPs. I don't think that this is a rare record, but some yahoo on Discogs is trying to sell a copy for $80 Canadian. That's even higher than the $30 copy I once saw on Amazon.

No comments: