Friday, October 26, 2018

Morrissey: Low In High School (Édition Extrême De Luxe!) (2018)

If I had known that a deluxe edition was on the way, I probably would not have purchased the regular edition. Oddly, I bought this on December 4th 2018, and yet Discogs notes that the release date is December 7th, 2018. Did I get it three days early?

This edition has two 180 gram records. The first is Low in High School presented on clear vinyl. The second record, on purple vinyl, contains five live b-sides, three unreleased tracks, and a cover of Back on the Chain Gang, originally written and recorded by The Pretenders. I'm a huge fan of that track. It's one of my favourite tunes from The Pretenders. It's a truly magnificent pop song. Morrissey's version is OK, but it just doesn't compare to the original. In the video, Morrissey is shown playing the guitar, but that is all pretend. Maybe that's a veiled reference to The Pretenders?

This limited edition set also comes with a print or Morrissey.

No comments: