Tuesday, May 21, 2019

No: El Prado (2014)


It's almost as if this band wants to remain unknown. How else can one explain why they would choose such a stupid name for the band? It's nearly impossible to search for this band on the web.

I don't love this record. I picked up this LP in a sale bin for under $10, after having read a review online, but the album underwhelmed me. It sat in a pile of records that I planned to get rid of, but I subsequently decided to hang onto it for a while. 

With their debut LP, El Prado, the band pick up where their 2011 EP Don't Worry, You'll Be Here Forever left off -- trying to pick up the pieces and earn a second chance with familiar-sounding, atmospheric, adult indie rock. Like a slightly more optimistic, west coast version of the National or a slightly less-creative version of Elbow, NO adopt the sort of muted romanticism gained by years of life experience. [source]
It's a rather boring record. There are two copies for sale on Discogs right now. One is listed at $72.60, and the other is £269.00 plus shipping, for a total of $426.93! Canadian I would sell mine immediately for that price. 


No comments: