Friday, June 07, 2019

Gary Numan: Dance (1981)

Just like religion you're going nowhere

- Moral, Gary Numan

Dance, Gary Numan's fifth LP, was released on September 4, 1981. This record came out some months after Numan said that he was retiring from touring, and yet he persisted. I recall that The Who made a similar promise once or twice.

I love this record but I know that some people don't. Just the opening track, Slowcar to China is worth the price of the record. Of course, I am a fan of ambient music and especially of Brian Eno. I think that one of the things that people either love or hate about Gary is his voice. Personally, I love it, but I can see how others might not.

Nash the Slash (originally from FM) is on this record, as well as Mick Karn (of Japan) and Roger Taylor (of Queen).

No comments: