Thursday, August 29, 2019

Mary Margaret O’Hara: Miss America (1988)

Many years ago, I used to hang out with a guy who was sort of fearless and possibly a thrill-seeker. Maybe those are not the right words, but he was (is?) the kind of guy who would approach anyone and just introduce himself and start talking. Because of him, I found my way into the backs stage areas at several concerts. One day, we were chilling on Queen Street West and we saw Mary Margaret O’Hara in the bar. Before I knew it, we were hanging out with her. On my own, this would never have happened. I have always felt that celebrities do not want to be disturbed, but she was very nice and it was a fun time. This was probably in the early 1990s (but I have lost track of time) so who knows?

Anyway, Miss America is a quirk, fabulous record.


No comments: