Thursday, January 20, 2022

Prefab Sprout: Two Wheels Good (1985)


Sometimes, Discogs has good information. For example, I never knew, until I looked up this record on Discogs (when I added my collection to Discogs some years ago) why this record was entitled Steve McQueen all over Europe as well as in New Zealand, Israel, Japan, and Australia. In North America, we got the title Two Wheels Good. Discogs has an answer:
The album "Steve McQueen" was released in North America as "Two Wheels Good" due to a legal conflict with the estate of American actor Steve McQueen.
And, from Wikipedia:
The album cover references Steve McQueen's lifelong passion for Triumph motorcycles and the 1963 film The Great Escape, starring McQueen and featuring prominent motorcycle chase scenes (with stunts performed by himself on a Triumph motorcycle). [source]
There you go.

I hated the song When Love Breaks Down the first few times I heard it, and for years after. But one day I heard it, and thought, hey this is pretty good. It turns out that the album is simply beautiful. I suppose I should have liked it more initially, because it was produced by Thomas Dolby.


No comments: