Tuesday, October 05, 2021

Pixies: Doolittle (1989)


Early reviews and chart performance of this record were mediocre, thought there are obviously some rave reviews. College radio really help to propel this into the mainstream. I think this is a remarkable record. Every track is a killer. There are tons of top shelf tracks.

My copy is an original US present, complete with the custom liner sleeve wth lyrics. Sadly, my copy is a bit rough around the edges, having been very well led. Currently, copies for sale on Discogs start at about $135.00! I'd say that mine is worth less, owing to the condition. 

Check out the tracks on this record: Debaser, Wave of Mutilation, I Bleed, Here Comes Your Man, Monkey Gone to Heaven, Crackity Jones, La La Love You, There Goes My Gun, Gouge away, etc., etc., etc. It's an incredible list of tracks. 



No comments: