Monday, February 02, 2004

I spent three days at the Ontario Library Association conference. It wasn't too bad. The trouble with every conference is that, inevitably, you will chose a stinker session. In small sessions, I worry that the speakers will be offended if I were to walk out. Can you enter a new session already in progress? If so, when is it too late? I witnessed people entering sessions during the ending question part. What's up with that?

Anyway, I saw some good sessions and some bad (I won't name names). Top Ten Tech Trends is always interesting. The occasional free beverage was even better. My suggestion is that they reconfigure the conference to run from Wednesday to Friday, and leave Saturday out of it. That, in my mind, is the major flaw of every library conference.

Tags: , ,

No comments: