Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Bedside Reading

Beside my bed are two books: a novel by Robert Bell and Freud's Introductory Lectures on Psycho-Analysis: A Course of Twenty-Eight Lectures Delivered at the University of Vienna (authorized English translation of the revised edition, Feb 1929). The pages are aging and a bit smelly. This book, along with The Interpretations of Dreams (again, in a very old edition) has been on a book case for years. Suddenly, I am drawn to them. I am not sure how far I will get.

Funny, the Blogger spell check wanted to replace Freud's with fraud's. Should I take that as a sign? Oddly, it accepted Freud.

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you're a glutton for punishment...the mere thought of Freud puts me to sleep. But perhaps that makes it perfect bedtime reading???
katherine | 07.28.04 - 7:53 pm

zydeco fish said...

you never know; it could turn out to be the perfect cure for insomnia.
zf | 07.29.04 - 9:01 am