Friday, July 16, 2004

I am at work, at my desk listening to Bruce Cockburn's In the Falling Dark. It's the new Deluxe Edition. I wish I could afford to replace all of my Cockburn CDs with these new ones. I picked up two, mostly because of the excellent price at Sam's. Sam's, by the way, used to be a good record store, before its bankruptcy. It's just not the same. Oddly, my credit card statement lists Sam the Record Man as Same the Record Man. I want to tell them that it is not the same, but would they listen? Anyway, the benefits of remastering are clear, and there are bonus tracks. I wish that someone would remaster the Leonard Cohen back catalogue and improve the inserts. I'd like better liner notes. Of course, then I would feel compelled to buy all the CDs again. I already have many on vinyl. If there is one defense for illegal downloading, it would be that many consumers have purchased their favourite artists many times on different formats, and in remastered editions. I have four copies of King Crimson's Discipline, for example, in various formats and editions. Surely, I have paid enough? Still, I have not downloaded any music illegally.

Trivia: my favourite web site is www.space.com.

Do you like bunnies? Do you like Cartoons? If so, be sure to check out Angry Alien Productions. They have 30 second re-enactments of Alien, the Exorcist, Titanic, and The Shining featuring cartoon bunnies. Really.

On a more serious note, I recommend Librarians Against Bush.

Tags: , ,

No comments: