Monday, August 30, 2004

My head feels (and looks) a bit better.

So, I was in mall recently and this guy walked to the garbage can area to dump the fast food garbage off his tray. He put his pop can into the garbage, even though there was recycling bin a few feet away. What's up with that? I constantly see people doing similar bonehead things. On several occasions, I have carried recycling home with me when I couldn't find a public bin. Near the entrance to some buildings (where the smokers congregate), people fill up garbage containers with recyclable material, rather than finding a recycling bin. I just cannot believe it. I don't want you to think that I am some sort of garbage nazi, but I just can't understand this attitude.

This is not to mention garbage. I have no idea how Toronto maintains its reputation as a clean city. People throw garbage everywhere. The worst is cigarette butts. Why is smoking a license to litter? Those butts are toxic and not biodegradable, and smokers treat this city like an ashtray (I know I have I said this before).

I guess this has been some sort of Monday rant.

Tags: , ,

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've often heard that the home is one of the most dangerous places...apparently, this is a true statement.

be careful.
CMF | 08.27.04 - 10:23 am