Friday, September 10, 2004

After yesterday's post, I feel that I should take a posting vacation. I am sure that the Freudians would have lots to say about that dream. It's a good thing I am so well-adjusted!

I love this piece of news. George Dubya, in a speech about health care, said: "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practise their love with women all across this country." I am not sure who is worse: George W. Bush or Dan Quail. It's a tough choice.

OK, I admit that I watched the first episode of Joey last night. I was never a big Friends fan. The show always seemed mediocre to me, although I do remember laughing from time to time. It seemed to me that there were certain plots that were obvious attempts to catch up to Seinfeld. Anyway, I watched, and I don't think I'll bother again. It's just another typical sitcom. The show shares one annoying characteristic with Friends. Joey lives in an apartment that he could never afford.

It was interesting to see Drea de Matteo in a comedy role, after her role in the Sopranos. Incidentally, this is my favourite quote from her: "I love men, and they're who I go out with, but every now and then... well, I can't say I've never been with a woman."

Tags: ,

No comments: