Monday, September 20, 2004

I didn't watch the Emmys. In fact, I watched nothing last night. Instead, I got out one of my guitars. I have been neglecting them. I played some of my favourites, like Lazy Flies by Beck and Stories of the Street, my favourite Leonard Cohen song. Oddly, I know some Bruce Springsteen songs, mostly early ones. I played Yellow Submarine, and some others. My fingers hurt a bit. I feel I need to spend more time with my guitar.

Madonna has called for world peace. Who does she think she is?

If you have a Kryptonite lock, like I do, you should be worried. News that a pen can open the lock has spread, and put Kyrptonite on the defensive. I no longer have the receipt for my lock, and may have to shell out cash to replace my lock. I really can't believe that a $60 lock can be opened with a plastic pen.

That's all I need to say today.

Tags: ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if it was at best a fluke or at worst a hoax, but Kryptonite seems to be taking it very seriously. So what can they be replaced with? I need to buy a new lock, and was looking at K.

Right now I'm using a laughable cable lock, but as I don't live in the big, bad city, and I have a crappy bike, it's not likely to be stolen anytime soon. There are even people here who don't bother locking up at all...
katherine | 09.20.04 - 5:49 pm

Anonymous said...

how many guitars do you have?

Madonna is quickly encroaching on Michael Jackson territory with her overinflated sense of her impact on the world...if I was Guy Ritchie, I'd bail asap...
CMF | 09.20.04 - 6:38 pm

zydeco fish said...

I think that there are some higher end Kryptonite locks (the New York model, for example) that is pen-proof. I am not sure how much that costs. Oh, and I had a crappy bike stolen in small town Ontario, so you never know.

I have two guitars: a classical and steel string folk guitar, but I covet lost of others...

It's too bad that once some people become celebrities, they become bizarre. Or, maybe they are celebrities because they are bizarre?
zf | 09.21.04 - 9:54 am