Wednesday, September 22, 2004

LC at 70

I can't believe I forgot to comment on Leonard Cohen's 70th birthday, which was yesterday. People who know me well, know that I am a huge Cohen fan, and have been for over 20 years. Wow, that statement really dates me, but I should add that I discovered him at a young age, a very young age. :-) I have seen him sing in person three times, once from a very very close range. I have his autograph on a CD.

Why do I like him? I would say because he is a poet, a novelist, visual artist, and singer/ songwriter. I like all of his output (although I have some reservations about that Phil Spector collaboration, but so do others). For some reason, his words really connect with me. He is cool. What else can I say? If you don't know his music, check it out.


Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then there is the stunning realization that LC is only a year younger than my dad.

Doesn't feel right, somehow...
k | 09.22.04 - 12:41 pm

zydeco fish said...

and two years younger than mine. how did they end up in such different universes?
zf | 09.22.04 - 3:14 pm