Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Rheostatics @ the Horseshoe Tavern

Today feels like Friday, 'cause I am taking Thursday and Friday off this week. I am operating on very little sleep.

I didn't get to bed until 3:00 am, after having been to a
Rheostatics concert at the Horseshoe Tavern. If you were there, I was one of the guys taking donations at the door (for the Alpha School and Huron Playschool). I was the slightly taller of the two guys at the door. And, if you are the rather drunk middle-aged school teacher who tried to kiss me, I hope you have a major headache today. I turned my head just in time so you missed my lips. Of course, that was hard, given that you grabbed my head with both hands. Does that count as sexual assault? I think it might, but who really knows.

So, the evening was bizarre. I cycled home at 2:30ish, and crashed at 3:00ish. I couldn't get to sleep, which usually happens after an evening of live music.

Tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good lord! how did you know that she was a school teacher? did she at least engage you in conversation before she went in for the kill? more details are clearly needed...

but how was the concert, otherwise? were they selling black t-shirts with whales imprinted on them? i miss my lost Rheostatics shirt, clearly...
CMF

zydeco fish said...

she told me that she was a school teacher, at least that is my memory of it. she had poor conversation skills. the concert was excellent.