Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Snowing?

I am looking out the window of my office, and I think it might be snowing. Really. This is bad news. I prefer summer. Although, when I was a kid, I could hardly wait for the snow to come. One year, my brother and I cheered when we saw the first flakes coming down. I was four, I think. We convinced my mother to dress us in our snowsuits, and then we headed out, hoping to go tobogganing or build a snowman. After a few minutes, we realized that we would have to wait for a lot more snow to come.

Later, I became a cross country skier, until I realized that downhill was much better. I experimented with snowshoeing. Oddly, I haven't strapped on a pair of skis in years. Maybe I should take up skiing again so that winter won't seem so bad. In truth, I'd rather be filthy rich so that I could escape winter altogether.

Technorati tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

snowshoeing...how Canadian.

i used to cross-country ski, if you can believe it, when i was young and spry...

CMF

zydeco fish said...

are you saying that you are no longer young and spry?

Anonymous said...

i am not as spry as i used to be, but i'm definitely still young at heart. but maybe that is just my opinion...one cannot judge one's own spryness...
CMF

Anonymous said...

My nutritionist suggested getting a pair of little snowshoes to get around if we have snow like last winter.

I'm still trying to decide if she was just yanking my chain. Because there's no way I'm putting on snowshoes.

And after you turn forty it's very, very easy to determine your spryness or lack thereof.

k
kmatthews@toutes-directions.com