Tuesday, November 30, 2004

What's the deal with shower caps? I mean, who uses these odd creations? I pondered that once more during my overnight at the Hilton on Sunday night. I was out-of-town for a one day conference. And, why are hotel pillows so thick? I don't use pillows in hotels because I always end up with a very sore neck. I just lie flat. In the past, I requested flatter pillows but no hotel could provide one. I have given up.

I feel small in a king size bed. I believe that six people could easily fit on a king size mattress - 12, if you piled them two-deep (that's an interesting thought). You can lie down in any direction and not hang over the edges. It's bizarre. I tried to avoid contact with the top quilt thing after reading that it was the dirtiest object in hotel rooms. I guess there is remnants of sex and bodily fluids and maybe some food. It's not a good thing to think about. I just peeled it back and slid into the sheets.


Since we have no cable, I enjoy channel surfing at hotels. For some bizarre reason, I ended up watching the Fabulous Life of Simon Cowell. The craziest thing in that show was the statement that he pays some dude $500 per week to look after his hair. If true, he is wasting money. He needs a hair intervention big time. He has the most pugnacious haircut I have seen in recent memory.
I saw an old episode of Seinfeld. Yes, I still laughed, even though I have seen that one several times.

And now, I am back and strangely unmotivated.

Technorati tags: , , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mrs anchovy insisted on a king-sized bed when we got hitched, because I flop around a lot (true)....then we somehow or other ended up with a bunch of cats, who fight for the best spots on the bed every night......
mister anchovy
misteranchovy@excite.com
http://misteranchovy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i'll have you know that shower caps rock - females don't always like to get their hair wet, so for some of us, it's a way of life...

On the night of our Gr. 13 formal, I slept (or tried to) horizontal at the foot of a double bed with 2 or 3 of my girlfriends sleeping vertical - I think a king-sized bed would have been more comfortable.
CMF

Anonymous said...

I like to read the archives of blogs I find interesting. Ironically, my current post is about sleep, but I DO like to sleep in a King Size bed alone. I love stretching out. I'm a restless sleeper so I feel like I have more room and freedom when my husband is traveling, alhtough I'm lucky he is a heavy sleeper.

I'm with you on fat pillows. Yes, hurts the neck. Same goes with the bedspreads in hotels. UGH! Just as you described. I will put my coat on my bed to keep warm rather than the bedspread which feels creepy, if the room temp becomes frigid, when the housekeeping staff doesn't have extra blankets. (Hotel thermostats are often so wacky.)OKay, if it's horridly cold, I will let it be on my feet at the bottom.
I used to bring my own pillow when I travel, but I started to do what you do: lay flat.

Seinfeld was a good show. I also liked "Mash." Who in their right mind would pay anyone that much for hair or any grooming?? LOL