Friday, February 25, 2005

I have some of these:

You have to accept the definition they apply to gadget: The Top 100 Gadgets of All Time. In my cursory examination of the list, I noticed that there is a paucity of Ronco products. That has to be an oversight. After all, Ronco gave us Mr. Microphone and with it -and long before Seinfeld's "Master of my Domain" and "yada yada yada" - that essential phrase "Hey, good-looking! We'll be back to pick you up later!"

The list raises a few questions & comments:

Why is the Pez dispenser way down at #98?
How on earth did the inventor of the Tamagotchi manage to sell 40 million of them?
Tickle Me Elmo should make the list of most irritating gadgets of all time.
The Mattel Magic 8 Ball?
The Clapper? Even my grandmother didn't buy one of those, but she is cheap, so maybe that's the answer.

And, most importantly, why is the vibrator not on the list? I suppose because this list is from a male geek mag.

Anyway, you look and tell me what you think.

P.S. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Paul Cellucci, please go home and whine to someone else about your stupid missile defense plan.


Technorati tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Super Happy Jen said...

I take issue with the order in which these gadgets are listed. The Apple powerbook is not a more important invention than the telephone. It just isn't.