Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Random Things

First, the recent deaths of four RCMP officers has stirred up the marijuana debate even more. I have said this before, but I will say it again. We shouldn't be making criminals out of tokers. We shouldn't ban a substance that is probably less harmful than alcohol. Prohibition didn't work then and it isn't working now.

Start Counting

I've added a counter to this blog, almost two years later. Hey, and at the time of posting, I had 33 visitors in the first 24 hours (and that doesn't include me). That's cool, although no one left a comment :-( which leads to my next point.

Comment Killer

Now I know the meaning of the term. It seems that my recent three-part segment from my journal scared some folks away. Maybe I'll think twice before I divulge anything so deeply personal again.

Dan Rather

I have kinda always liked Dan, but I have to say that I may have to re-evaluate that after having read this list of Dan Ratherisms. They are more apt than anything uttered by Dan Quail, but they are rather goofy. It's hard to pick a favourite, but how about: "This election swings like one of those pendulum things." or, "This race is tight like a too-small bathing suit on a too-long ride home from the beach." Say what? The list is hilarious.

Technorati tags: , ,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee - my fav is: "In southern states they beat him like a rented mule."

as for Comment Killing,I found these entries quite intriguing, however, I didn't quite know what to say in response...

zydeco fish said...

I guess there's not much to say in response...perhaps another quote from Dan Rather: "It was as hot and squalid as a New York elevator in August."

Anonymous said...

As Dan would say, "courage."