Thursday, August 18, 2005

Right Now

Things I Hate at the Moment: 1) Clowns 2) Mimes 3) SUVs (although I'll admit I like driving them) 4) my failing memory

Books I am Reading: 1) Cloud Atlas 2) The Game of Chess 3) The Golden Dream: Seekers of El Dorado. (I just finished Frozen in Time: The Fate of the Franklin Expedition).

Things I'd do if I win $10 million: 1) quit my job 2) shop 3) relax 4) travel 5) hire a butler 6) give a few dollars to a select group of individuals 7) get a reality TV show and act like an idiot

CDs in Rotation: 1) Esmerine - Aurora 2) Thee Silver Mount Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band - Horses in the Sky 3) Adrian Belew - Side One 4) Adrian Belew - Side Two 5) Et Sans - Par noussss touss les trous de vos cranes! 6) John Cale - Hobosapiens 7) Husker Du - Everything Falls Apart and More 8) Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Extra Width 9) Labradford - Fixed::Context 10) many more I can't remember ...

Things that are Cool: 1) Librarians 2) chocolate

Downloads I Have Been Listening to at Work: 1) Ian Nagoski - Warm Coursing Blood 2) Axiomatic Integration - Syntonic 3) Dan Buxbaum - Cloud One 4) Mogwai - All Tomorrow's Parties Festival 5) Edwin Morris - The Heart Bowed Down 6) Alex Pearson - Theories of Minimalism 7) Cisfinitum - Landschaft

TV: TV sucks in summer

Ridiculous Things I have Recently Done: Tonight, I cut a 7 foot sofa in two so that I could get it out of the basement. It was old and gross and dusty and probably dangerous to my health.

Technorati Tags: ,

9 comments:

running42k said...

Butler? Not a sexy French maid?

zydeco fish said...

OK, that ridiculous act made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

I can relate to the failing memory. WHERE AM I??

Jay said...

How is Cloud Atlas? It's on my list to read, but I can't get a handle on it, or its worthiness.

laura k said...

I'd like to put some mimes in an SUV and make them drive around the world playing hackey-sack. Three things I hate all in one handy vehicle!

Everyone I know hates their failing memory, myself including. It sucks!

Unlike this post, which was very enjoyable.

zydeco fish said...

Cloud Atlas is really quite amazing. It's longish, and kind of like reading several books at once. In short, it's worthy.

zydeco fish said...

Yes; hence my resorting to a circular saw, hack saw, crowbar, hammer, and the like.

Anonymous said...

So am I included in your select group of individiuals?

zydeco fish said...

Not a chance.