Friday, December 02, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me

Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday dear Me
Happy Birthday to Me

Happy birthday to all the of the December 2nd folks out there. People born on this date include: Britney Spears, Nelly Furtado (we have the same dentist), Monica Seles, Lucy Liu, Alexander Haig, and Maria Callas. Lots of people died on December 2nd, including Robertson Davies (I met him once), Aaron Copland, Pablo Escobar, Desi Arnaz, Marty Feldman (my hero), Max Weber, Marquis de Sade, and my grandfather.

I think I have figured out why time moves slower when you are a child. It's because you spend most of your life waiting. You wait to be old enough to have legal sex, to drive, to vote, to drink. I still remember when the cops showed up at Cactus Jack's in Guelph, where my friends and I were drinking underage on my 18th birthday. They flashed their badges, but they did not give us that $53 fine for some reason. High school seems so long because you can't wait to finish. But, my undergrad went fairly fast, because I had no idea what I wanted to do afterwards. I wasn't waiting for anything.

As I was reflecting on the fact that this week just screamed by, I decided that time would move slower if later ages offered some benefit. And I am not talking about those minor senior's discounts. Maybe time would move much lower if I knew that at age 55, I would be exempt from income taxes? Perhaps at age 50, you would get a new driver's license that would permit you to exceed any posted speed limit by 25%. How about allowing anyone older than 75 to urinate where ever they want to? (potted plants, etc). Those are just random thoughts off the top of my head.

Anyway, it's Friday already, and I can't believe it. I thought I was busy, but I have no idea what I accomplished this week.

Technorati Tags: , ,

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

You can add my sister, Julie to the birthday list - it's her 26th today

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great weekend. Piss in the shower or something. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great weekend, piss in the shower or something! ;)

Anonymous said...

Urinate in potted plants. Sweet

As for sharing a birthday with Britney Spears, how nice for you!

And Cactus Jacks? I remember when that was still there!!! It's been a while though.

My first underaged drinking experience in a licensed establishment, was downtown at Meridian (circa 1996). It was just accross from the fountain.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! You're telling me you've met Robertson Davies...that's probably the coolest thing anyone will tell me all day. What were the circumstances? The Deptford Trilogy is one of my favourite books (well, three, I guess).
Your birthday is just six days from mine--John Lennon was shot on the day I was born. So I didn't get to meet him.

Anonymous said...

I met Robertson D. at the Stratford Festival. He was sitting nearby and we exchanged a few words. Meeting Henry Winkler was far more interesting, 'cause Happy Days was on the air when I met him. I've also met a myriad of other writers, but that's not so interesting. I would liked to have met John Lennon.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

You are so modest. Happy 40th B day old friend.

Cactus Jack's. Great hamburgers.

Anonymous said...

Have a happy and healthy birthday:) And here's hoping you get whatever you wished for:)

Anonymous said...

Running42K, my age was supposed to remain a secret :-)

Anonymous said...

Yikes...that's your real age? Well, this changes everything...

Anonymous said...

Roberston Davies...this is getting to be too much. You are too lucky for words.

As far as aging. At about thirty, your mind continues to garner knowledge, but regretfully doesn't age. So, here I am at 58 with a thirty year old brain. My body is the one that pays the consequences.

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zydeco Fishy person.


I like old people. ;)

Anonymous said...

Middle aged hey? But do you and Britney at least look really similar?

Many happy's for yesterday, hope you had a fabulous day.

Okay, I'm late, how was I to know? It's Saturday here - not my fault your calander is always a day behind).

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
I'll be 50 in 2 weeks, so you look young to me, if that's any comfort.

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! mine is on the 6th.

Anonymous said...

Spent half the day baking you a cake, added ALL the candles, lit them up, took fab photo, half the kitchen burned down, now I can't even paste the picture in "comments" for you to enjoy!

Next year you get nothing.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Fish.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday fellow Sag! Mine is on the 6th, so pretty close, and you are only one year and 4 days older than me. Feels awfully young now we are here doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

I'm almost (but not quite) a full year older than you. If you need to tap into any of my aged wisdom... let me know!

Happy (belated) birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, ZF!

Anonymous said...

Happiest of Belated B-days! Here's my (somewhat famous ;) blog birthday balloons: ~~~~~~~O ~~~~~~~O ~~~~~~O (and no, they are not sperm! -lol)

SilvermOON aka Green-Eyed Lady

Anonymous said...

Belated birthday greetings. Hope it was truly happy.

Anonymous said...

neat. nelly spit!

i have the same dentist as my co-worker. now that is gross.

hacky booky booky! as my brother used to say on special occasions like these.