Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patrick's Day

I planned to post a picture of my lunch every day this week, and always forgot. I forgot again today, so the best I can do is the empty container. You'll have to guess what was in it.

Yes, I am part Irish. My great great grandmother on my mother's side was born in Ireland. She married an Englishman and then they moved to Canada. In last year's St Patrick's Day post, I discussed imperialism and invasion and being oppressed. I really liked that post, but it seems few other people did.

The problem with St. Patrick's Day is green. I do have some green in my wardrobe, but I always make sure that I avoid it on St. Patrick's Day, except for that day in grade 5 when I forgot it was St. Patrick's Day and I wore a green shirt. I'll never forget it. There'll be no green from me on St. Patrick's Day.

What the hell is going on with Blogger? I don't know about you, but it's being very uncooperative. Hey, Jeff's blog is back now. Wait, it was for about 5 seconds. Some Blogger error killed his blog for hours and hours. That's all I have to say today. It's Friday and I am tired.

Technorati Tags: , ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am wearing green panties today. How festive.
Also, blogger has been f*ckin' everyone off for like a day and a half now. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, lasagna? spaghetti? :-)

Blogger is a mess. I'm glad I got off it but all my 'friends' are on it so I still suffer. dang.

kudos for fixing your comment boxes!

have a good weekend.

and extra smile :-)
because you seem a bit miffed.

Anonymous said...

tell you the truth, the remnants of your lunch look sort of pukish - no offense. ;)

for today i pretended it was halloween and wore orange instead of green.

Anonymous said...

Some kind of pasta perhaps? Fettucine Alfredo? Mmmmmmn alfredo....

Anonymous said...

What's the reason for avoiding green? I wore a green shirt today in full grade two glory. Am I in the wrong?

Anonymous said...

I'm going to guess something with tomatoes? Chili?

I avoid green myself. I always end up looking ill. I'm a primary colors kinda guy ;)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, well, I was real "with it" yesterday. About 6 in the evening I noticed all the customers in Starbuck's was wearing green and wondered why. Duh. And I'm part Irish.

Anonymous said...

The answer is Chicken Curry.

I am not sure why I avoid green. It just seems like the thing to do.

Anonymous said...

Back, gone, back again, gone, back. I hate Blogger and I think they hate me right back.

Irish? Don't they throw you out of Canada for that?