Tuesday, March 28, 2006

On Enthusiasm, Muscles, and Shirts

My interest in blogging comes and goes. That is, it fades and then reappears. I think I am in a relatively unenthusiastic mode at present. It's hard to say why. It could be the change of seasons, the alignment of the planets, or the amount of work I have. I have a lot of competing interests, and it is sometimes difficult to make time to post entries and to visit other blogs.

I recently started a photoblog, and that has diverted some of my attention away from this blog. I have other online projects, which all require some time.

Today, I wore a nice shirt. It's a favourite, but it is barely long enough to cover my midriff. If I have to reach up, I will expose parts of my stomach, which is ok, because I have a well-formed abdomen. This reminds me of my high school days. I used to do 500 sit ups and 500 pushups per day (Currently, I only find the time to cycle to work and back, which is roughly 11 KMs round trip). In high school, I would ask people to punch me in the stomach as hard as they could. I borrowed that from another guy - Craig - who gained some sort of popularity from the act. If your stomach muscles are strong enough, all manner of fists will just bounce off.

So, this shirt is a little short, but not too short. It's just a tad shorter than I would like. I'll spend the rest of the day doing the Picard maneuver.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

You dressing like Shania Twain. My god.

Anonymous said...

What we don't learn about one another.

Anonymous said...

The Picard maneuve...tee hee...Star Trek..tee hee. If I ever meet you in person I'll be sure to give you a punch to the abdomen. (What are friends for?)

Anonymous said...

I hate short shirts. I have a long waist line and it seems like I'm forever exposing my abs. Must get moving on the crunches so it won't be so stressful :-)

Anonymous said...

oh, and about blogging enthusiasm...I think its normal for it to wax and wane. A person has to find some balance so its not a chore and you can still enjoy the social aspects.
As soon as I start fretting about whether I'm interesting enough or whatever I think about my primary audience and remember that they don't have very high expectations because they just want to know how I'm doing. Anyone looking for world class blogging is just going to have surf on by!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Okay, your abs must be visible on your blog for HNT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you can't mention your 'nicely developed' midsection and not post a picture.

Seriously. Want to know, enquiring minds do... (how's that? Yoda worthy?)

Anonymous said...

omg, leafgirl, that's just what i was about to post.

yeah c'mon, zyd, put your money where your mouth is (and no weird distorted pix either).

Anonymous said...

Men are dumb.

Anonymous said...

Now do you wanna talk about expectations?

Anonymous said...

Well, short shirts may be ok in Canada..................

I'm a blogging addict... I never have the time so I rashly post crap.

Anonymous said...

Bah! That's the Riker manuever slacker!!

Picard does a twist, Riker stands up and pulls down!

Anonymous said...

Jeff: OK, if you say so.

Anonymous said...

Actually, Jeff. The gesture of pulling down ones shirt has actually been referred to as the "Picard manuever" in more than one TNG novel. They're non-canon, but still...

Anonymous said...

Novel?? Novel?? Did anyone ever watch TNG? Holy Klingon High Council!!

QI'yaH nuchpu' !!

When Lt. Cmdr. Data made hot sweaty monkey love to Tasha Yarr, did they call it the LaForge Manuever? When Picard and Doctor Crusher were locked in a synchronized mind lock did they call it the Fehrengi Love Dance?

Hmmm, I could be wrong I 'spose.

Anonymous said...

This recent comment thread has me near orgasmic. On my blog, I have a Picard/Riker for '08 button.
Thank you all.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I can barely bother at the moment myself.

zydeco fish said...

"And a link to the photoblog... ?"

maybe later.