Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First day of School

The problem with taking a long break from blogging is that expectations are raised when one returns, sort of like when Kate Bush takes five or ten years between albums and all she can come up with is the Red Shoes. So much for musical genius. Peter Gabriel is usually worth the wait, but I really wonder what Boston was doing between album number one and two, not that I like Boston, or anything.

So, just to subvert all expectations, I will only say that the students are back in force today, and I will be in classrooms several times this week providing instruction on library use and research skills. I have 50 students later today, 200 tomorrow, and unknown numbers later in the week. This will keep going for the first half of the term, or so.

Next Monday, my French classes begin. After that day, I am considering only posting in French.

Technorati Tags: ,

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I liked the Red Shoes.

2. But even if you don't, you can't deny that "Ariel" was brilliant.

3. French lessons?

Kimberley said...

francais le sucks.

Liz said...

je ne comprendes pas? That's probably not even right. I think it might be part Spanish.

Anonymous said...

C'est bon, le francais!

I also kind of like Red Shoes. In particular, Rubber Band Girl.

Kate said...

French is okay. As long as you blog.

Can you come speak with my students?

tweetey30 said...

Wow French. I have a blog friend that lives in England and she is French. Interesting. I dont speak it or read it but I love to see how it works. Esp compared to the English language.

tshsmom said...

I could probably still read in French, but I refuse to comment in French. I don't think I could conjugate a verb if my life depended on it right now. :(

Jay said...

Hehe, I won't be commenting in french either, but computer is an anglophone (no accents).

mister anchovy said...

I have no expectations of Kate Bush, Boston or Peter Gabriel.

Kyahgirl said...

*shudders* thinking about all the kids and all the noise and all the chaos. Better you than me!

French is ok, as long as you keep it elementary....I'm supposed to be working on a goal to learn it anyway. I just dare you to blog in French :-)