Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Hi There

I wonder why it is that when I take a small break from blogging, it turns into a long hiatus? Just why is that? Anyway, I took a recent trip to the Niagara region (St. Catherines, Niagara Falls, Niagara-on-the-Lake, etc.). That was cool. I got a couple of bottles of wine and some jam and took in the Falls and the tackiness Clifton Hill. It's always a bizarre sight.

More recently, I headed up to the rural parts of Ontario for my dad's 75th birthday party. The old man is getting older. Aside from the potato overload, it was fine. If you are hosting a potluck, be sure to secure the proposed dishes ahead of time. Otherwise, you will end up with three versions of potato salad.

Other than that, I have been working and sleeping. I have a new article coming out which was co-written with a colleague. And, I have to speak twice at an upcoming conference, once with a colleague and once with a panel. No, I am not prepared yet, but I hope to be by then. The worst part is that one of the speaking days is a Saturday. I hate it when that happens, mostly because fewer people show up.

I am starving and really need some food.

4 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I hate speaking at anything bigger than maybe five people. LOL... I have hated speaches all my life. So you let them have it when its time.

SeizeTheNite said...

I find the same thing happens to me with the old blog. I take a break for a day or two...then realize it's been 3 months since I posted!

Congrats on the article and good luck at the conference!

Anonymous said...

"be sure to secure the proposed dishes ahead of time"

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it in mind... :)

mister anchovy said...

glad to see you back