Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Week in Review (and it's not even over yet)

1) I was misquoted in a student newspaper (again!).
2) I had 2 flat tires.
3) There is a hole in my tire, which explains the busted tubes.
4) The spare tubes I bought from the dude are the wrong size.
5) A pipe froze in the house and I am now awaiting the plumber. This will mean wall destruction and mess and probably lots of money. Plus, I will miss part of the conference. The good news is that it should not interfere with my presentations, I hope.
6) I bought a rear rack for my bike and found out that two screws are missing. Plus, I am not sure it will fit over my fenders.
7) I have decided not to post the gorilla dream/story.

8 comments:

running42k said...

Shitty week. On the bright side it is almost over.

Anonymous said...

Mercury went retrograde a couple of days ago. It's an excellent period for double-checking, re-doing, finishing up old stuff.

It's also an excellent period of "if something can go wrong, it will" (especially when it comes to machinery and computers and stuff like that).

Look forward to the beginning of March. Everything will be better then.

Even the weather.

zydeco fish said...

Ah, so a retrograde Mercury sums it up. I'll have to take your word for that, and look forward to March.

tweetey30 said...

Real crappy week so far. Hope it gets better.

Kate said...

Sorry, that truly sucks.

And #1? That's their whole purpose--to misquote people. My favorite was when I was misquoted on something I said off the record (naturally) in the community bathroom while brushing my teeth. Quality. Do student newspapers EVER get it right?

Liz said...

I hope things get better!

Jay said...

Harsh, man. That week better improve from here!

tshsmom said...

Ain't life grand?