Thursday, February 07, 2008

"Tanned and Crazy"

I was hoping that the blizzard would close down the city so that I could have another day off, but everything settled down by this morning. Foiled again.

Anyway, I have French class this evening. I just read that my professor is "popular," according to a University survey. I can see that: he is funny but he speaks way too fast. On RateMyProfessors.com, someone even called him hot, though I find that hard to believe. Another description - "tanned and crazy" - I can live with. In fact, that might be the perfect description.

He has a thick Parisian accent and I imagine that he spends his evenings surrounded by red wine and female undergrads, but I could be wrong. Anyway, I am getting hungry and am now going to devote all of my mental energy to food.

8 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

I used to be fluent in that peculiar French dialect spoken only in elementary schools. But the other day I was trying to translate some simple vocab words out of my son's baby book and found I had forgotten half of them. That's 13 years of French Immersion down the drain.

zydeco fish said...

At least you had French Immersion. I had only grade 7 and 8, with a brief reprise as an undergrad. In other words, almost nothing. But, as everyone always says, it will come back.

Anonymous said...

When you say "thick Parisian accent" do you mean when he speaks English?

Because if he's speaking French, Parisian is about the best you can hope for. Trust me, I lived in Lyon for four years, native Lyonnais speak as if they have marbles in their mouths.

zydeco fish said...

Yes, when he speaks English. I think that some of the ladies might have liked that: hence, some nice reviews.

running42k said...

Have you got a crush on someone?

Bravo for learning French by the way.

zydeco fish said...

No, no crushes. Nice try.

tweetey30 said...

I have never had French class but my husbands mother has. Interesting..

The ZenFo Pro said...

Ya know, I was just telling someone that my quarter-Cajun granted me amazing crawfish and jamalaya skills, but no gift for even the Franclish that the Cajun dialect.

Good luck with the Parisian-accented prof.