Sunday, February 10, 2008

Grammy Awards #7

As an illustration of just how out of touch I am with pop music, I will admit that I have no idea who Taylor Swift is ...brief interlude while I Google the women... See, that's just my point. It turns out that she's a country singer not a pop singer.

Amy Winehouse is on a roll, man. I have never understood the difference between record of the year and song of the year. She won both for the same song. Hmmm.

As is usual for awards shows, they drag on too long. I am going to skip the rest and go to bed.

9 comments:

Kimberley said...

I think she looked like she was still on something ... methadone?

zydeco fish said...

You could be right on that.

tweetey30 said...

I have to admit I saw it on after 60 minutes last night and turned the tv off right away. Nothing on with that going on.

Kate said...

I love, love, love Amy Winehouse...'s music. She is a hot mess!

I don't know about the album and song of the year business. The album is Back in Black, so it's not even like it's Rehab like the song or something.

zydeco fish said...

A friend just told me that she hates Amy. I don't get it. I think she rocks.

Maia said...

Fun recount of last night's festivities. I was wondering whether or not I should watch... now I'm happy I didn't! :)

Kate said...

Perhaps your friend saw her first. I think it's hard even for people who don't judge on appearances to get past how skanky she is. A friend of mine kept saying how great she was and I thought, uh, yeah. And then I heard her song on the Mad Men commercials and put two and two together. Hopefully, she won't completely throw away her talent. Unfortunately, that's not likely.

zydeco fish said...

Kate: Yes, I see what you mean. She doesn't look like she'd be any good.

Maia: Sometimes it's good to watch disasters :-)

cube said...

Amy is in my iPod. It's so refreshing to hear a singer that's not over-singing.