Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Looking for a Good Home

In light of some circumstances beyond my control, I need to find new homes for my small family of Fawn and White Indian Runner Ducks. You can get photos and standards here for this breed of duck.

The patriarch, Jack, is a fine example. He is lean with a perfect wedge-shaped bill. He stands 75 inches tall and has full, alert, and bright eyes. His partner, Jill, has tight, smooth, and hard feathers, and stands a very straight 66 inches from bean to toe. Their children, Wanda and Richard, are joyful, playful, and loving. These guys will do you well in the show pen.

If I can't find a new home for them, I will be forced to find room for them in my freezer and then practice my French cookery skills. I found a very nice recipe for Duck a l'orange.

I am offering these fine birds on a first-come, first-served basis. I will also hand over all of my copies of IRDA newsletters.

5 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Zf that is sad you have to get rid of them. Hope you find good homes for them instead of finding room in your freezer. Good luck with that.

running42k said...

Actually the Vietnamese cook a nice duck in spices within a clay pot.

tshsmom said...

A 75 inch duck, eh? Happy April Fool's Day to you too! ;)

zydeco fish said...

I hope someone thought that this was funny :-)

Je n'ai pas de canards.

Don said...

I was looking forward to pics of a duck as tall as me (and taller by three inches...). Figured it was either a MAJOR typo or a joke, was hoping it was real so I could get a good solid meal of duck when bought the family. ;)

(Found you through BlogExplosion.)