Friday, May 23, 2008

Doors Open

It's Doors Open time once again. Last year, I only managed to hit a small number of venues, but this year, I have mapped out my route and I will be far more engaged.

Yesterday, I purchased the Lowepro Fastpack 250, which can accommodate my laptop and my digital SLR plus lenses. I have room for cables, journal, mp3 player, charger, card reader, pens, cell phone, etc. I love this thing. For Doors Open this weekend, I will put on the pack, strap my tripod to my bike rack and head out. Tonight, I will be at the opening ceremonies at the ROM. I need to pick up a new compact flash card as well, maybe a 4GB card.

I haven't gone for a run all week. I am slow to get back at this full time. It's not like I am being lazy. After all, I cycle 15km per day, year round. On days when I run, that's 15km plus the run. It adds up.

So, back to work . . . I guess. It's Friday and my motivation is waning, big time. Apologies for the boring post. I wish I had something funny to say today. Maybe next week.

7 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Happy Friday ZF.. Enjoy your weekend. Sounds like you are going to have some fun.

Anonymous said...

I used to go to the equivalent of this in France (it's held in September), and it was always fantastic to get into see places that you'd never be able to otherwise (eg, the hotel Klaus Barbie lived in/worked out of when he was in Lyon, as well as the city hall and backstage at the opera).

I miss that a lot...

zydeco fish said...

Did you know that there was a Doors Open event in your city too? I think it has already happened for this year though.

Kate said...

That sounds really cool. I'm hoping to play with my camera this summer. If the heat doesn't incinerate me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, but it always seems to happen on a weekend when I have something else planned.

Besides, I don't think there's much here that's incredibly compelling to visit.

Anonymous said...

no running? c'est dommage

greetings from france :]

zydeco fish said...

Je suis paresseux, évidemment.