Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sometimes,

all I do is go to meetings, like today, where I have meetings from 11:00 until 5:00. I'll be able to squeeze in lunch, but, you know, meetings are a necessary evil, right?

“Meetings are indispensable when you don't want to do anything.”
-John Kenneth Galbraith

“Meetings are an addictive, highly self-indulgent activity that corporations and other large organizations habitually engage in only because they cannot masturbate”
-Dave Barry

“People who enjoy meetings should not be in charge of anything.”
- Thomas Sowell

"Whoever invented the meeting must have had Hollywood in mind. I think they should consider giving Oscars for meetings: Best Meeting of the Year, Best Supporting Meeting, Best Meeting Based on Material from Another Meeting."
- William Goldman

"I've searched all the parks in all the cities and found no statues of committees."
- Gilbert K. Chesterton

4 comments:

tweetey30 said...

Have fun....

Kate said...

One of my favorite things about my new job is the lack of formal meetings--we have about five a year. Much better than 1 a day.

Liz said...

I love the one about no statues of committees!

Maia said...

Oh yuck. The worst part about meetings is being stuck in a room without ventilation... and they expect you to stay awake!

Sheesh!