Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Nuit Blanche 2008

The bad news is that I started to feel very ill around midnight, and had to cut my night very short. Presently, I am dealing with a cold that has a horrible cough. But, I did enjoy some of this year's Nuit Blanche, mostly because the theme was nudity or, rather, partial nudity.

Early in the evening, I cycled down Bay Street and watched about 8 women (probably late 20s or early 30s) hurry out of a restaurant and attempt to flag down cabs. One slightly overweight woman tried to propel herself along on her little trotters but, in doing so, caused some sort of cascading ripple effect, a fleshquake might describe it. Her body rolled in several directions at once, hindering her forward momentum. It was not a pleasing sight, but then her strapless halter dress gave into the chaos and fell down, exposing both of her bare breasts. Drunkenly, she hoisted it back up, and raised her hand in the air for a cab.

Trying to expunge that from my mind, I soldiered on. Soon, I caught a performance of Japanese Butoh, an extreme form of dance featuring three topless women and a topless man, each wearing a sumo wrestling-like diaper and covered in white body make-up and black writing. I observed and took photos, some of which are very cool.

Much later, I took in my favourite unofficial Nuit Blanche event, which is an annual light bondage show. I got some great photos last year and some even better ones this year. Should I post a photo here? Would that be outrageous or offensive? Let me know if you'd like to see one or two. I also ran into a photography friend I hadn't see for a while at this event. That was cool.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I wouldn't mind seeing a photo or 2 that you took, but I'm not offended too easily. really. I know lots of people say that, but it's true.

A said...

That's sounds like it was fun. Sorry you're not feeling well!

I also wouldn't mind seeing a photo or two.

zydeco fish said...

Well, two's enough. I will get on that asap, which might mean tomorrow.

tshsmom said...

I'd LOVE to see your photos!

running42k said...

Sounds like an interesting evening. I won't be offended by a nude photo or two.

The Madame said...

would love to see photos, as I was one of the models…

zydeco fish said...

homebuyer: if you can send me your email address to zydecofish @ gmail.com, I can update you on where you can find more photos.

mister anchovy said...

There was a time when doing things after midnight was de rigeur in my life, but these days, I get up very early in the morning and midnight is pretty much bedtime in Anchovyville.