Monday, October 20, 2008

Wow, the work day is almost over, and I have nothing to say. Talk about a huge disappointment. Where does the time go?

So, I guess instead of something entertaining, irreverent, and possibly comical, I will simply tell you that I really liked what Colin Powel said on Meet the Press. He cut through the crap (I originally typed carp) and gave a non-partisan assessment of the two US presidential candidates that makes sense and is completely logical. Personally, I have never understood the way his given name is pronounced: it sounds like a body part or a punctuation mark to me.

In case you missed it:

3 comments:

Kate said...

I especially liked his comments on being a Muslim in the United States. Some of my sweetest, most well-behaved and intelligent students are Muslim.

But look at how much trouble we're having with half-black.

tshsmom said...

WOW! I wonder what my parents think about THIS!
They have the utmost respect for Powell, but they make all the slams against Obama that Powell mentioned. I'll have to bring this up the next time they start a political argument with me.*grin*

A said...

I love Colin Powell. Seriously. He's a very intelligent and rational man, and I admire that greatly.