Monday, May 25, 2009

Sick :-(

I started feeling funny while walking around Bruges, and by the time we got back to the hotel in Brussels, I collapsed into the bed and stayed there for 38 hours, only getting up so we could take the train back to Paris, where, upon arrival, I crawled into another bed for 20 hours.  All that is left is a nasty stomach bug, but it started with a fever, chills, headaches, body aches, nightmares, lack of energy, loss of appetite. I haven't really eaten in almost three days.  Whatever I try to eat is expelled by my body with great speed.  I feel marginally better, but still have no appetite, although I managed to eat a banana a few minutes ago.  Being sick while travelling sucks.

6 comments:

k said...

My friend Ken ended up sick in Beijing after eating some street food. Ever the consummate podcaster, he'd been recording every step of his journey, so we audio of him eating the offending food item and then audio of him wishing he could die, and trying to get meds (he speaks Japanese, not Chinese), and then finally feeling better. It was fascinating. Well, for us, I'm sure at the time he, like you, was thinking it was the worst thing that could happen whilst travelling....

Kate said...

How awful to be feeling so rotten while traveling! I hope you feel better very soon.

A said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Super Happy Jen said...

That sucks. Feel better and try not to start an international pandemic.

S.M. Elliott said...

Bummer!! Try not to betray any symptoms on the street, or everyone around you will cover their faces and take several steps backwards as you approach. Voice of experience.

I hope the rest of your trip is better! Have you seen the Grand Place yet?

tweetey30 said...

Hope things get better soon. and also that would have brought me home sooner than planned.. Get better soon.