Thursday, December 24, 2009

Trip Recap, Part 4



It rained and puddles formed below the Eiffel Tower. For some reason, I decided against going up the Eiffel Tower.  After all, I have to have something to do the next time I go to Paris, right?

Lots of souvenir hucksters were actively selling paraphernalia round the tower.  I even saw a couple of guys pack up and flee when the cops came.  I wondered if they were illegals or simply unable to pay the fine, whatever it is for selling shit without a vendor permit.

Anyway, the tower is quite awesome.

2 comments:

Kate said...

I agree about the tower. My husband took some fabulous nighttime pictures "up her skirt" as he so delightfully put it. He's so classy.

One of the street vendors outside Sacre Coeur was so aggressive with me that same husband was bearing down on him with all of his 6'2" 220lbs. Although I'm pretty sure that I could have handled it myself, it was very effective. Otherwise, they were just annoying.

S.M. Elliott said...

That's one view of the tower I've never seen before. Nice!
(I hope it wasn't raining the whole time, though)