Tuesday, January 05, 2010

A Look at my CD Collection, part 5: Alexisonfire


Alexisonfire is a so-called post-hardcore group from St. Catharines, Ontario.  I picked up a copy of Watch Out! for a few dollars a while back.  I listen to it from time-to-time, but it's not in high-rotation because it isn't the kind of thing you would throw on while kicking back with your favourite novel or when hosting a dinner party.  But, it's rather good for the iPod.  For some reason, I prefer listening to music that has an edge on the iPod.  Maybe it gets me in motion and gets me there faster, unless I am on a train of plane.  In those cases, I usually select something quieter, like Brian Eno or maybe something like Bob Dylan.

By the way, the group is pronounced like "Alexis On Fire."

2 comments:

Super Happy Jen said...

Their sound vaguely reminds me of the Cancer Bats. I don't usually listen to this kind of thing but my son went through a hard rock phase. Yes, he's only 3. Now he's more into AC/DC.

A said...

I really liked one of their songs back in high school, but I can't remember the name.