Saturday, January 02, 2010

Stopping to Pull up My Socks

It's been so long since I've owned a real, insulated pair of winter boots, that I had forgotten something elementary: one's socks tend to slip off inside the boot while walking and when removing the boots.  I am having flashbacks to my childhood days.  It's irritating to say the least.  On the other hand, my feet have never been so warm.  In fact, while walking in -20 degree weather this morning, my feet remained warm, almost too warm.  Is it possible for boots to be too warm?  It might be. 

So, this is the last thing I will say about these new boots.  Reluctantly, I go back to work on Monday :-(

1 comment:

Kate said...

I remember that. I also remember wearing plastic sandwich bags on my feet to help them in and out of the boots.

Monday doesn't exist in my world right now.