Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Alan Parsons Project: Eve (1979)


According to Wikipedia, "Eve's focus is on the strengths and characteristics of women, and the problems they face in the world of men." The link to the source of this information takes the reader to a dead page on the Alan parson's Project official website. So, I may never know if this was really true, but I suppose it makes sense. I am too lazy to search for the page within the site.

I think that the Alan Parson's Project is one of those bands that everyone knows a song or two, but most have probably never heard an entire record, which is sad because the albums generally have a theme that holds the songs together. I think I appreciate the production more than anything else about the band. Sure, there are some memorable moments, but the overall sound is always interesting, until the latter two albums, anyway.

No, I can't remember how much I paid for this record or where I got it. If you are looking for a copy, don't pay more that $3-4 for a vinyl copy. There are lots of these floating around, and they really have no great resale value.

No comments: