Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Alan Parsons Project: Stereotomy (1985)

 
Stereotomy is the second to last release from The Alan Parsons Project. The Allmusic Guide says this about the album:

"On this album, the theme circles around the way in which the modern world molds the personality, the character, and the livelihood of the human being. People are but a slave to their lifestyle and their environment, and they are destined to be thrown into this situation at birth, with tolerance as an inevitability. One must really pay attention to the profound lyrics and loose structuring of the music to attain the concept that Parsons metaphorically dances around."

Perhaps I need to listen to the album a few more times to understand the theme. I think I like the music on this album much more than Vulture Culture, but overall, the album seems to be less engaging. If I were to pick the best track, I would say it is Where's the Walrus:

No comments: