Wednesday, August 06, 2014

B-Movie - Forever Running (1985)


I think I bought this record because I really liked the track Nowhere Girl, which is listed as track 9, the last song on side 2. I remember being horribly disappointed to realize that the band had, for some inexplicable reason, re-recorded Nowhere Girl for this release. To this day, I cannot understand why the band decided to release an anaemic, soulless, pointless version of the formerly fantastic track. Well, at least I thought it was fantastic at the time.

It turned out that the album is okay, but I think I was so irritated by the mangled version of Nowhere Girl, that I didn't listen to this album very much. But, here is something interesting that I did learn. While looking at the record, I recognized the name Paul Statham. Could it be the same one, I wondered? It turns out that it is indeed the same Paul Statham that is well known to me for his work with Peter Murphy. So, I listened to the album in a new light and I conclude that it is not bad.

This is the version of Nowhere Girl that you should here. There is also a good extended mix on Youtube.

No comments: