Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Billy Bragg: Tooth and Nail (2013)


Like most Bragg albums, I have two copies: the US pressing, which is evidently a limited edition, as is the UK pressing. I have no idea how limited it is. On Bragg's website, it says: "Limited edition includes a free album download card - lovely!" That wording leads me to believe that the future vinyl editions will simply lack the download card, making the one with the download limited. I also own the deluxe CD edition, described on Discogs as follows: "Deluxe edition includes a DVD and is packaged in a book with lyrics and a collection of articles written by Billy for Q magazine."Discogs does not define this as a limited edition, but Bragg's website does: "Limited Special Edition Bookpack featuring CD & DVD."

Anyway, the damage done to my opinion of Bragg with the release of England, Half English was reversed with Mr Love & Justice, an album I really enjoy. I was greatly relieved to discover that Tooth and Nail is a really great record.



No comments: