Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Bow Wow Wow: Twelve Original Recordings (1982)


"It used to break my heart when I went in your shop
And you said my records were out of stock
So I don't buy records in your shop
Now I tape them all, cause I'm Top of the Pops.

Now I got a new way to move
It's shiny and black and don't need a groove.
Well, I don't need no album rack
I carry my collection over my back." C30 C60 C90 Go

EMI did not like those lyrics at all and they dropped the band, after failing to promote them, because they argued that the song encouraged home taping. In fact, the B side of the tape was blank, so you connect the dots. If EMI only knew what was coming. Home taping seems so benign now.

This release contains all of the tracks originally released on the first Bow Wow Wow cassette, Your Cassette Pet as well as all of the EMI singles and b-sides. The video for C30 C60 C90 Go is cool because it shows the inner workings of a record pressing plant.

Too bad the video for Louis Quatorze is such low quality:

No comments: