Thursday, September 25, 2014

David Bowie: Low (1977)


Low is the first LP in the so-called Berlin Trilogy and the first after his cocaine years, or so I have read. This is a challenging electronic and avante garde record that did not sit well with critics upon release. As usual, time assisted the critics understand this record and it is now generally praised. I have always loved this record, right from the first few bars of the first track, Speed of Life. That is a truly amazing instrumental.

Side two has more of an eclectic, ambient feel, brought to life by Brian Eno. I have nothing bad to say about this record. It's a 10/10, a true masterpiece. I listened to it the other day and it still sounds incredible. The highlight for me has always been Sound and Vision. I wish someone would create an extended mix of that tune.

No comments: