Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Brimstone and Treacle: Original Soundtrack (1982)

 
Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky 
You mustn't sigh and you mustn't cry 
Spread a little happiness as you go by 
Please try

My roommate, during the first year of our undergrad, would randomly break into song while getting dressed, putting away his laundry, clipping his toenails, etc. More often than not, the chosen song seemed to be Spread a Little Happiness, a song written by Vivian Ellis, but performed by Sting for Brimstone and Treacle. He would often do a sort of half dance, and move his arms in a certain manner. Oddly, I have never seen the film. Maybe I should watch it.

There are a couple of cool Police tracks on this soundtrack and the wonderful Up the Junction by Squeeze. I could do without the Go Go's however. My dad was a big fan of the Go Go's. But, after having heard We Got the Beat for the millionth time, I had had enough.

No comments: